Dump Truck

Trucks used by the U.S. Army in world War II that were 2.5 tons and larger. Such as Studebaker US-6, International M5-6, 4 Ton tractors (Auto Car, etc.), 5 Ton (Corbitt, etc.), the Dragon Wagon, and any other trucks 2.5 tons and over.
tetonale

Dump Truck

Post by tetonale »

A few years back I came across an old army dump truck. It was completely overgrown with wild rose bushes to the point you would not even know there was a truck in there. As this was before I became involved with my CCKW I wasn't very familiar with the look of WWII vintage trucks. However, I suspect it will turn out to be post war. Regardless, I will be returning to the property in a few weeks and will be bringing some pruning shears with me this time. I was wondering if post war vehicles were stamped in the same location on the frame as the WWII CCKW's. I don't want to cut down the entire briar patch. Just enough to get in at the frame and record some numbers if the vehicle turns out to be something interesting.

Mike
Brad
Captain
Captain

Re: Dump Truck

Post by Brad »

It would benifit to take a picture as well and post even if it is hardly visible,people here can tell you alot from little detail. :D
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
tetonale

Post by tetonale »

I just picked up a new digital camera. I will make sure to bring it along and get some snaps.

Mike
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

Before you prune to much of someone elses "greenery" :lol: look in the cab for data plates either on, above ,or below the dash.
But do bring back some pics 8)

Cheers
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900