International logging trucks

Trucks used by the U.S. Army in world War II that were 2.5 tons and larger. Such as Studebaker US-6, International M5-6, 4 Ton tractors (Auto Car, etc.), 5 Ton (Corbitt, etc.), the Dragon Wagon, and any other trucks 2.5 tons and over.
Miner Matt
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

International logging trucks

Post by Miner Matt »

These trucks live down the road from me I thought I would share them with you all. I'm told that they were the first logging trucks in the county before that it was all short line railroad and steam donkeys.The one in the front was used to load the other two.They are going to be restore soon so I'm told.

42 CCKW
1941 U.S.M.C International TD-6
Cat Man
Major
Major

IHC Logging Trucks

Post by Cat Man »

Great Pictures Matt,

They are definatly west coast logging rigs!

I've been told that for a heavy duty truck, the IHC's on Civy street were favored over surplus GMC's. Now, I love my CCKW, but I've always thought that the Open Cab IHC M5H6's were really classey. I almost owned one and it got away.

When some one says - Oh, were going to "restore these soon" Red DANGER signs go off in my head. Keep an eye on them, the next thing you know, the scrap man will be on them with a torch. I can count on one hand the restored IHC military trucks I have seen in the last 25 years.

Neat stuff.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day