top bow question for model

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

top bow question for model

Post by Nick Bombini »

Hi guys,
I'm currently working on a model of a cckw 353 (the model will hold me over until I get the real thing.) I'm almost done but have a question about the top bows. The kit came with five top bows for the bed but came with no canvas to cover it. I was curious how they could be positioned in a stored position. The instructions show where to put them for a stowed position, but I was curious about where you guys put yours. Would it be possible to share any pictures?

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

You could stow them at the front of the Cargo Body with the stakes placed outboard of either side, it looks neat, but in reality it will scuff the finish of the Cargo Body. We either left them in the motorpool, or layed them in with the load. As a collector, I do not want to scratch my truck, and just leave them in the barn. Some of the later M-Series Cargo trucks had provisions to "stash" the bows neatly at the front of the troop racks.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

Thank you for that info. That will add a nice touch to my model.
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW