Tire Safety Warning

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
abn CCKW

Tire Safety Warning

Post by abn CCKW »

I found this through a posting on a tractor Fourm I m a member of but fell this should be posted on any site that deals with wheeled vehicles . Its A very important Video posted on youtube made by Bridgestone tire on the safety hazards of applying heat to a tire wheel assembly , Watch all the way through it shocking how these tires can explode !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBUVzgCHHuA
Chris_M
Captain
Captain

Re: Tire Safety Warning

Post by Chris_M »

:shock: Thank you for sharing this video. In fact I already had stuck brakes and the wheel drum was really hot. You could not touch it. There was still an original 65 year old tire mounted. Fortunately nothing happended, except two brake linings that turned to charcoal. :oops:

Regards,

chris
45 CCKW 353 2
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

Your very welcome , I m glad in your case that nothing happened . I was not aware that such a thing could happen let alone when the other two cases mentioned had in the first case removed the valve core the second broke the bead and still the tire exploded and in the last case the tire did not fail until 22 hours LATER !!!
Barry Churcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Barry Churcher »

Thanks ABN, for the video. I only can get dial up at home so I forwarded it to the garage and my staff and I watched it today. Boy what an eye opener. :shock: I have read about this in some of the trade magazines but seeing the video sure gets your attention.
Barry
1944 Chev. C15TA
DAF YA314 ----- Chev. G506
Ford F15A (4)
Chev C15A (2)
Ben Hur Fuel Transfer
Polynor Trailer
Drone Winch Trailer
GE Searchlight
Nekaf
1953 M38A1
Telephone Reel Hand Cart
British GS Trailer
M101
M101 with Water Tank
101 CDN-2 (2)
WW2 Water Trailer
M-274 A5 Mule
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

YOur right about that Mr. Churcher , In responce to my post of this on the Dodge.com site Robbo posted this link to another youtube safety video , its aimed at modern tractor trailer wheels but at the end they do a simular demo of applying heat to a tire wheel assembly but with manikins see what it does to them !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJFG0uMr-g