pictures of my trucks

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Brad
Captain
Captain

pictures of my trucks

Post by Brad »

I posted pictures of my trucks if anyone would like to see. They are all in need of work you know,"TIRED IRON" there is a link on the bottom of post.. :)
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
Cat Man
Major
Major

Brads Trucks

Post by Cat Man »

Hey Brad,

Thanks for the photos. That collection is what we "old hands" would call "a good start". You'll have lots of fun teaching that little guy about old Army trucks.

The Arctic Cab on the CCKW does wonders to preserve the inside and floor panel on the open cab trucks.

Thanks for saving a few more of these historic trucks.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

thanks for the reply... I have been looking for these trucks and found them all over whidbey island. I have just found another one under some trees sleeping. I talked to the owner now im waiting his reply.. he thinks its junk but it runs and looks to be a good donner for my other trucks.. any way i could go on you know.. brad :wink:
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
Cat Man
Major
Major

My trucks

Post by Cat Man »

Brad,

I've learned to save every CCKW nut and bolt! The part you scrap - no matter how rough, will be the one you may need in the future. Even a rusted out piece of junk makes a pattern for replacement fabriction. And extra stuff = trading material.

It's nice to get a very complete European surplus CCKW bring back, but they are getting much harder to get in Europe and to re import now.

And everytime the price of scrap iron jumps up, we loose more trucks. I was working for several years on some old boys around here to buy some CCKW's setting around on farms. They would not sell and then you know what happened next. I drive by and the truck is gone! Farmer died, and ma called the scrap man.

Even with a small kids and tight budget, get the trucks you can and put them away for the day when you will have the time and the money (and some teen age boys who want to help their dad)

Good Luck

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

maybe i shuold use the term part out and mothball...yeah ive seen two go through the scrap yard here. i was able to get some parts but the guys in those yards are shysters sometimes.. not all but some.i couldnt bring my self to really scrap out to my wifes dismay :lol: brad
Brad

Visit my pictures!
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

ive added some more pics if anyone would like to see my low budget project! :lol:
Brad

Visit my pictures!
Conn
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: My trucks

Post by Conn »

Cat Man wrote:...(and some teen age boys who want to help their dad)

Cat Man
There we are Jeff:) Dad and I are finally experiencing the joy of getting our CCKW out'n about! Times with dad I'll always treasure.
Some nice finds Brad! Wish you the best with your projects! Keep the pictures coming and the old OD rolling!

Michael Conn
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
1945 M3A4 Hand Utility Cart
1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1
http://americanbombardier.tripod.com/cckwproject/
Brad
Captain
Captain

Junk

Post by Brad »

I have posted some pictures of things you guys might find intresting.. maybe someone can give me specifics on them?
Brad

Visit my pictures!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: pictures of my trucks

Post by armydriver »

Great photos Brad. Thanks for sharing with us. :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

i have added some more pics of what ive been up to with my trucks and the Place.... :roll:
Brad

Visit my pictures!
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

I have added some better pictures of my 353 A1 1944 i just want to have some good before pictures. I will be restoring this truck starting this summer with a frame strip and repaint ( strip to bare metal treat frame and reprime&paint) I will keep the pictures in order as i go through the restore. :)
Brad

Visit my pictures!
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

You have been making progress. Its all looking good . Looking foreward to seeing more of the restoration work !