New Life Canvas UPDATE

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

New Life Canvas UPDATE

Post by Bill_Wolf »

For many of us it is the middle of the Winter and what most of us don't want to see is more cold and snow. It is snowing here again making for another dreary night.

It lifted my spirits to arrive home after work and find the UPS driver just unloading a box for me. It was even more refreshing to find it was from Mona at New Life....MY CANVAS HAD FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!

After having dinner with the family, I broke away and moved the box from my garage to heated basement for storage until spring. The CCKW is unfortunately snowed in and won't be out until March...so no try-ons until then.

My biggest pleasure came tonight when I opened the box an found all the ordered parts in their individual bags. A careful unwrapping and inspection revealed superb work and attention to detail on the seat covers and Open Cab top pieces that I ordered. Buckles, leather reinforcements, and correct hemp style rope. A real time warp.

But the best part was that refreshing New OD Canvas smell. That "Smelly Smell", as my daughter use to call it, of Military Stuff. It permeated the canvas and brought visions and flashbacks of OD summer fun to my mind. It was a great 30 seconds until the oil burner kicked on and brought me back to reality. It was real treat on this long Winter's Day.

When I got back to the living section of the house my kids were still doing there homework when I went to each of them individually and said "smell my hand". They looked at me like I was some kind of pervert until they got a whiff of the OD and then big smiles with a great flash of satisfaction came to their faces. They too have been brought up on OD. It reminded my son of the many great trips to Aberdeen and how the back of the pickup smells while parked there with all our goodies in it. And then the response by my daughter who coined the phrase 5 plus years ago saying "it's the Smelly Smell". Fond memories of a great hobby!

I just wanted to share this and remind you all that Winter is almost over.

I have OD fever bad!!!

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B
lacoda56
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by lacoda56 »

OD fever and a touch of cabin fever! Hang in there, spring's commin'!! :) :)
Lacoda56
South-central Wisconsin
'42 M? White Halftrack
'43 CCKW W/Leroi air compressor
'43 M-5H-6 IHC W/Quickway crane
'45 WC63 Dodge parts truck
'57 M45 Utica Bend W/Water purification body
'68 M54A2 Kayser Jeep cargo
M135 & m211 parts trucks
'77 M880 project
'76 M882 daily driver
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

57 degrees this morning in San Antonio with a high of 76 expected today. Sorry fellows, I just had to gloat a small bit. Never any snow here but we have Super Summers well over 100 degrees and have had little rain in the past 8 months.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans