Napa vs CarQuest?

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
SpookyDad
Captain
Captain

Napa vs CarQuest?

Post by SpookyDad »

I know that most of the people on this site prefer Napa as a parts supplier but, how does CarQuest compare? I have a CarQuest location around the corner but the nearest Napa is about 5 miles away.

Obviously this is only for "standard" parts and not CCKW specific items.

SpookyDad
1945 CCKW 353 Fire Truck to German Kfz72 Radio Van conversion.
http://716heer.org
Houston Texas
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

NAPA is closer to me than Carquest
NAPA has always be able to help me locate ( most ) of my maintainance items for my commercial trucks as well as my antiques.
Their "machine shop" is about 35 miles away and so is their paint mixing, but...
Carquest is 10 miles away ,has an excellant machine shop and they are a PPG paint dealer ,so I do businees with them as well.

So each company has it's advantages for my applications.
I think it boils down to the counter person, the NAPA store near me has been in town since the early 60's and they still have the old catalogs , and that's where the best info ( for our purposes is ) most "newer" sales people would rather just look at the computer parts list by vehicle application, obviously they will never find a 1942 Chevy ......or....

The Auto Zone guys in my area are "clueless" the same goes for VIP.
You can't even get something as simple ,Champion J-8 spark plug, without giving them a vehicle application.

My 2 cents
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
Canadian Gunner
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Carquest AND NAPA (as opposed to "versus")

Post by Canadian Gunner »

I, like John, use both. What endeared the local Carquest guy to me, was when I walked in with a distributor cap for a White 1/2 track and he took one look; said, "hang on" and brought me one from the back 'new in box' that was only slightly dusty! Shocked that I didn't have to go through a long search and a longer special order, I asked why he had them in stock (six of them, in fact (I bought two!)).

Oh, he said, "Same as a common tractor... I get a lot of farmers coming in for them!". The benefits of dealing with an older guy who works with farmers! :D

Cheers! Mike
"UBIQUE!"

Mike Calnan