Ashecliffe the movie

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ashecliffe the movie

Post by dr deuce »

For the past 3 days I have been on the set of the movie Ashecliffe being filmed in southern Mass (USA). They needed some HMVs and chose my 42 GPW and another gentlemans 42 Command Car. They were personnaly chosen by Martin Scorcese the Director.

I am posting this so people may have some idea of what to expect if they rent their HMVs to a movie company.

They paid us quite well per day whether they used us or not (they have not used us yet and we have to go back Monday). They also eat extreemly well. The other day, everyone was told to arrive at 1:30 PM so it would be a late night, but dinner at 8-9 was lobstah and steak!

They also provided us with individual rooms that were in what I would term a 3-4 star hotel (Hampton Inn) that featured a pool, sauna, full breakfast, etc.

They are also paying for gas for the towing vehicles and the rental of the U-haul trailer for my GPW.

Mind you, this set and filming is for a flashback scene of about 1/2 a page in the book!

Stay tuned....
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Cool. Sounds like a neat vacation, all paid and get to be a movie star also. :D :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

BTW:

The Dir of Photography specifically asked if our HMVs were 12v. He wanted to know this for the night time scenes. Naturally, I asked why. Seems that when making movies, the 6v lights are usually too dim for the likings of the movie makers and those original lenses on some HMVs with the less than 100% reflecting material, though good for originality, are not too good for night driving or the movies.....
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
Chris_M
Captain
Captain

Post by Chris_M »

I don't understand these film makers. When producing a historical movie, they should try to be as authentic as possible. This reminds me of all these trashy war movies that were produced in the 60ies and 70ies. It only became better the last few years. But even the latest production "Stauffenberg" with Tom Cruise annoys me. They tried to make modern Czech Tatra trucks look like Wehrmacht Einheitsdiesel. They failed.

Regards,

Chris
45 CCKW 353 2
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

As an update:

For the past 2+ weeks, my GPW has been sitting on an island in Boston harbor along with the Command Car awaiting the right weather and actors and who know what else. We were paid 1/2 the normal rate for every week day they just sat there. I was hoping they would sit there forever.... Later this week we will pull them off and transport them back to the mainland (1000 feet) via landing craft and probably have to wait till November (if ever) to shoot that scene as the island is a state park and we believe the agreement with the state is probably coming to an end and they want it back (speculation) for tourist season.

I laughed all the way to the bank....
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep