Museum of the Pacific War

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Museum of the Pacific War

Post by armydriver »

I took my Advanced Placement History classes on a field trip to the Admiral Nimitz Museum, or rather correctly Museum of the Pacific War yesterday, April 5th While they have a lot of military vehicles no CCKW's even though there were many more Army divisions involved in the war against Japan than Marine divisions. They have one old non-running DUKW that needs to be restored, a half track, several jeeps, a couple of M3 tanks and an M4, one IH deuce and a half, a couple of shell riddled Japanese tanks , all kinds of artillery but no CCKW.

When asked why they did not have any, there seemed to be no answer. Then the docent that was guiding the tour suggested that I donate one to them, then there would be one. Fat chance. This museum belongs to the state of Texas and if they have money for artifacts to be brought here from distant south Pacific areas, they can afford to buy and restore a CCKW. :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I sentNOS parts for their M-3 Tank, and was impressed with the person involved with that project, he ain't there any longer.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

They have some sharp guys there and this museum is the finest I have ever seen when it comes to WWII in the Pacific.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans