Aldbourne Wilts England

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
UK Jack
Major
Major

Aldbourne Wilts England

Post by UK Jack »

OK here are some pictures of Aldbourne and Ramsbury. I would imagine that most of us know about Aldbourne but those of you who don't, it was were the 101st Airborne (Band of Brothers fame) were billited. Really is amazing place.

Were sat outside the Blue Boar Pub (the pub were the troopers used to drink) having a nice pint and then two jeeps ride by, all kitted out and looking lovely. Grab them and got talking and as if by magic it was Tim and his brother in law and family :shock: 8) 8) Tim being a member of HMVF.......see pics below.

The family and I also visted Littlecote House which was the headquarters of 506 PIR. The Americans must of been amazed by this historical house.............

Littlecote House main entrance, how many jeeps would of been parked out side of here

1st regiment of the Beckettshires standing in the main doorway

Littlecote

There is a good picture in many books of officers of the 101st sitting where we are standing

A small and the only bit about the 101st that I could find

Aldbourne green

HMVF card pinned outside Dick Winters billet

Not sure if this is the only piece of the Ramsbury airfield left but it looks wide enough to be the main runway, this where the 101st and I believe the 82nd left from for Market Garden

Tim, Neil and their families and mine............nice Jeeps!

Inside the Blue Boar

Ramsburys bench

More from the 1st regiment of the Beckettshires on tour next week :shock:

My thanks go to the official tour photographer........Anne Beckett :wink:
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.