Thank's Frank

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
Barry Churcher
Captain
Captain

Thank's Frank

Post by Barry Churcher »

Yesterday was our annual Warrior's Day parade in Coe Hill Ontario. I started out with my armoured truck but the 270 was running 200 degrees and I was somewhat concerned so took it back home and went to the parade by Brian Gough's Hyundai. When we got to the fair grounds Frank von Rosenstiel was the first person we ran into. Of course he gave me a hard time and wanted to know where the C15TA was. My overheating excuse was a good one so Frank just said "no problem, drive my truck". : :D Thanks Frank. :D Frank was using his wife Colleen's M38A1 for traffic control so off Brian and I went in Frank's CCKW. What a nice truck to drive. It made me want to go home and work on my G506. The parade was a great success with more than 40 vehicles. A treat this year was having Brian Asbury bring his Duck. That was a real show stopper and got more comments than the tanks. Thanks to everyone who showed up and thanks again to Frank for the "ride".
Cheers,
Barry

1944 Chev. C15TA
DAF YA314 ----- Chev. G506
Ford F15A (4)
Chev C15A (2)
Ben Hur Fuel Transfer
Polynor Trailer
Drone Winch Trailer
GE Searchlight
Nekaf
1953 M38A1
Telephone Reel Hand Cart
British GS Trailer
M101
M101 with Water Tank
101 CDN-2 (2)
WW2 Water Trailer
M-274 A5 Mule
Cat Man
Major
Major

Re: Thank's Frank

Post by Cat Man »

Barry you lucky dog!

What a great hobby. Lots of people wouldn't share a sandwich with someone that needed a bit. How many other places would someone trust you to drive there vintage equipment like that?

Everytime I let someone else drive one of my trucks the guy wants to buy one and his wife gets mad at ME.

Sounds like it was a great event.

Thanks for posting.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day