WW2 event.. Waxahachie TX.... Veterans Day, 2008.. See Site!

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
daveyboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

WW2 event.. Waxahachie TX.... Veterans Day, 2008.. See Site!

Post by daveyboy »

The Veterans day WW2 weekend in Waxahachie planning is moving along!

There is a Yahoo web site dedicated to keeping the event information current and correct, rather than relying on copied posts coming from who knows where. The web site will be updated with more planned activites and announcements as time goes on.

This is the official site! Disregard any other rumors or information that conflicts with this site!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waxWWIIweekend/?m=0

See the above link to keep current.

I myself have volunteered for a few duties including helping organize the AUTHENTIC ww2 camp areas as well as provide chow in the form of a WW2 feild mess kitchen.

regarding the camping area, the area the City is allowing us this year is more wooded, fully grassed, and isolated. NICE. The goal will be keeping it as authentic as possible, with provisions made for modern camp sites as well.

So, make your plans now.. Please visit the web site often for updates and plan to come on out, bring your ww2 era vehicle, and set up your best authentic site.. Or come dressed as a home front civilian... Or take your pre-war civilian car or truck!

details will follow as time goes on.

I am NOT an official spokesperson, only one of many individuals working this event committed to help make this a success.

Dave "Da choppa" Austin