When is the next MV show/display/event in Texas?

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
SpookyDad
Captain
Captain

Post by SpookyDad »

The only thing I can find is the Wings over Houston airshow in October.

Neil
1945 CCKW 353 Fire Truck to German Kfz72 Radio Van conversion.
http://716heer.org
Houston Texas
daveyboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by daveyboy »

Well, there are events all the time it seems, however, not soley military vehicle related

Are you looking for events soley ww2 vehicle related? Or just MV in general?

Ya see, most MV events that take place are usually combined with re-eanctments. Or scheduled around parades...Or even ww2 dances!!

There arent just MV related events around here, at least not many around my area (or so it seems) unless I am missing something?

There is a new group of MV enthusists up in the Denton, TX area that are starting to get togther to do runs, parades and such.

The MV groups up this way have their own convoys and rides as well.

Its probably best to hook up with a local group down your way and check out their club schedule.

as far as large events I am aware of, MV related, there is Brent Mullins in College station (in October I beleive) and then there is the ww2 re-eanctment/convoy in down town Waxahachie, TX on Veterans day.

again, based around re-anectments too. Not a solely MV event.

If you are looking for events like the North east MV groups have, I mean BIG rallys and such, like the Weare, NH rally or the like.....

FORGET IT.. There just arent any like that around here.

Of course there is the Bristol, OK event coming up in September. Quite a ways for you in Houston, TX though. Never been, cant comment on the attendance or quality of it.

i think things might start getting worse than better too wit hte fuel crunch these days.

Heck, the Missouri wine tour MV event was all but canceled this year due to low interest and gas prices. I see the trend continuing.
SpookyDad
Captain
Captain

Post by SpookyDad »

I am looking for mostly WW2 related. Years ago the Dallas gun show always had a big vehicle display. I know the size of the show declined dramatically and may have been replaced with the Ft Worth Show.

I am looking for a show with WWII vendors or even just a vehicle get together. I contacted the listed emails for the Blue Bonnet chapter (Houston) of the MVPA but I got no response. I think it may be defunct.
I guess the only thing that remains is the 6th Cav.

Neil
Houston Texas
daveyboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by daveyboy »

Hi again Neil,

Well, about the best event you can attend thats based around ww2, is the Waxahachie event or the Brent Mullins event. Lots of vehicles.

If your a ww2 re-eanctor, you got even more options. Problem is, re-eanctmants dont always have lots of vehicles there either!

THe Wax battle SHOULD be 100% ww2.

trust me, for such a large state like this with so many vehicle owners its a suprizing disapointment regarding rally's Not sure why.. When I went to North east events they were extensive. Didnt matter which group you belonged to, they all converged on these predetermined events each season and were all successful.. I dont know.. Maybe its the large distances between us all that causes this.

your not the only one down that way feeling this way. I haerad from a fellow in Houston who would have traveld to OK to attend becuse events are scarce down there, or so he says.

Ill try and find his name and contact. Maybe you two can start a chapter, or at least get an event rolling. Put out a feeler on the G503 under events listings and see whats up down your way.

Ya never know.
SpookyDad
Captain
Captain

Post by SpookyDad »

I do German reenacting. The first semi-local event I know of is Camp Claiborne in Louisiana. That is in October.

I thought Brent Mullins' open house event is in March.

Isn't Waxahachie in the spring too?

Temple was all Viet Nam this year and WWII next year so I am told.

Neil
Houston Texas
daveyboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by daveyboy »

your right.

Mullins is in the spring.

BUT.. Waxahachie is in the fall.. November, Veterans Day weekend.