MVPA Convention 2008

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
mud-snow
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

MVPA Convention 2008

Post by mud-snow »

I am supposed to go to the MVPA Convention in Portland Oregon in August 2008. It will be my first time in USA, and first time so far away from my doorstep...
Anyone have any info on this event?
And when in the area, it would for sure be very interesting to see any other related to the HMV history. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Anyone else going to be there?

Rolf
One of the best MV club-magazines in the world...
Have a look at the Norwegian MV-clubs site at www.hmkf.no
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

I plan on going but I don't know much about the Portland area. I'm going to see what info I can find on the area. A good person to talk to, as he is also involved in planning this event is Steve Greenberg. He is on G503, and possibly this board.

Anyone else from across the pond coming?

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
Capt Lee P
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Capt Lee P »

The 2008 Portland, Oregon Convention is Thursday, August 14 through Sunday, August 17. All the info will be in the January 23rd mailing of the Supply Line.

We are leading a group of HMV's from the San Francisco Bay Area to Portland and back starting on the 10th of August up HWY 101 and the Oregon Coast. We will return to the Bay Area on the 20th or the 21st. The particulars will be posted on the MVCC's Web Site in February.

Basically, it will be camping and/or motels at Eureka's KOA, Coos Bay (Oregon) KOA and Lincoln's (Oregon) KOA and then into Portland. The return trip will be returning on the same route.

Lee
Capt Lee, Vietnam Vet, US Army, 1942 GPW, 1944 WC-51, 1943 Batnam T-3, 1943 Ben Hur (wood), 1944 CCKW B2 353