Randolph Air Force Base Air Show. Nov.3

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Randolph Air Force Base Air Show. Nov.3

Post by armydriver »

The Alamo group of the MVPA had a good little turnout for the show on Saturday. In WWII vehicles we had two MB's. my CCKW353. and Jim Silvers half track. Korean War period there was an M37 and M38. Vietnam was represented by an M151 and M35 and a Hummer represented current. We gathered up at Clements High School in Schertz, Texas and convoyed to the base. about five miles. We had a lot of visitors and me and my old Betty Boop made it to the Metro section of the San Antonio Express News on Sunday that was written on the air show. I think the young female reporter was drawn to me because of my classic good looks. :D
A lot of great exhibition flying was done and then the WWII airplanes from the Lone Star Aviation Museum in Galveston did their flying. There was a B25,B17.F4U. F6, P47,P51,P39.C45 and the Highland's Wing of the CAF C47
The weather was perfect. Temps in the 70's and unlimited ceiling.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I forgot about my Ben Hur trailer with a simulated combat load in it. It is dedicated to Robert G. Cole. I rolled up one side of the canvas so the people could see the array of Jerry cans, British, German and American along with 50 caliber and 30 caliber ammo cans.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans