VETERANS DAY PARADES

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

VETERANS DAY PARADES

Post by joel gopan »

Anybody make it to a parade?
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Yep, Betty Boop, myself and my WWII combat Marine buddy, Bob Talbot made the Veterans Day parade in Universal City, Texas. It is always a good little parade that is only 2 miles long and ends at the main gate of Randolph Air Force Base. I had the only military vehicle in the parade, sadly enough.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

My Guest of Honor this year was Peter Marini WWII Enlisted Pilot who flew with 6th AF in Carribian. Flew the Douglas B-18, and North American O-47, the oldest active WWII aircraft. He spotted German Subs, and the Navy responded. Peter is Chaplin in my Am Legion Post.
My truck is dedicated to T/SGT Joseph Gopan, US Army Ranger WWII Combat veteran/POW/Hero and mentor.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Oh, I forgot I was pulling my Ben Hur in the parade also. :lol:
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

A number of my local club members went to the state veterans cemetary for a ceremony on Veterans Day. I took the cargo CCKW The old girl did well and impressed the newer HMV owners who were following me up I-93 as we were cruising along at about 50. The big, higher reving 302 makes a difference on the highway :) Having the closed cab and heater made all the difference in the world for comfort that day too. The Gov was there along with Sen/former POW McCain and local state (could care less about the vets liberal) politicians.

It was my only day off from work that week, but it was the least I could do for the people who have given so much for me!
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html