CCKW AND CHEVROLET ACCESSORIES

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

CCKW AND CHEVROLET ACCESSORIES

Post by joel gopan »

I consider myself lucky, I grew up in the Surplus business, at a time when these nice trucks were currant, and was also lucky enough to have been trained in the Army by WWII Ordnance types. I have ahd access to surplus items that are only memories to most. Yesterday while on a hunch, I thought I remembered where the lifting slings were stored that went to my NOS M-1 Bomb Lift Truck, took one look and found them. They had not been moved since 1949 when we got them surplus from Dow AFB across the street. The M-1 Bomb Lift Truck was an Army Airforce item that was issued to help load bombs onto Fighters and bombers, they were made by Weaver. The M-1 was also issued as part of the Bomb Handling Equipment of the M-6 Chevrolet and GMC M-27 Bomb Service Truck. I will submit pics to Bill to post, hopefully this coming weekend. My M-1 came from the 14th Fighter Group when it left Dow in 1949 during the temporary closing of DOW AFB in October 1949. It has 3 wheels that use 5.00X4 Aircraft Tires. I am always looking for NOS Tires for it.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS