CCKW grill?

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
bobc
Captain
Captain

CCKW grill?

Post by bobc »

One of the trucks I brought home has a grill made from round stock instead of the flat stock that all the others have,it looks like it was made from one piece and it winds up and down across the radiator. Is this a chevy grill someone has stuck onto the GMC? It's in great shape and I would like to use it on one of the trucks I plan on putting togather. I noticed also that some trucks have the GMC logo and some don't. Was this a year change thing? I'm sure I'll have alot more questions in the next little while as I get into these trucks,I appreciate all the help and info. Bob.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GRILL

Post by joel gopan »

What you have is a Chevrolet 4X4 Grill. I would trade you Chevrolet/GMC parts for a nice straight GMC Groll with Logo. I prefer one with the exrended Head Light Guard on the drivers side, but a Symmetrical one will do,as long it is in excelent shape.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
bobc
Captain
Captain

grill

Post by bobc »

Hi Joel,right now I'm still tearing down the parts trucks,I will probably end up with an extra GMC grill already,but would like to find a top frame for an open cab. Thanks Bob.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

That is call the Bow, and I have a nice undamaged one.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS