winch swap

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
bobc
Captain
Captain

winch swap

Post by bobc »

Does anyone know if the bumper extentions from a CCKW will fit on the 1 1/2 ton chevy frame,and also is the front bumper straight or slightly bent at the frame? From pictures it looks straight but all of the unrestored ones I have and have seen are bent,many years of abuse I assume.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Chevrolet has different frame horns, different rivet locations,and different spring hangers and locations for same. The CCKW frame extensions are of two versions, one set is fabricated for the particular spring hangers for the Banjo Axle, the other set is fabricated to fit the hangers for the trucks with Timken axles. Answer is no, but I have seen many abortions created with truck owners that get fancy with a welder.
Joel
Last edited by joel gopan on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
bobc
Captain
Captain

winch bumper

Post by bobc »

Thanks Joel, I guess I'll have to live without a winch on the chevy.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck