Set No. 7 on a CCKW-353

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
Hobbes
Draftee

Set No. 7 on a CCKW-353

Post by Hobbes »

Hello together,
I need some information about the dimensions of the Set No. 7 mounted on a GMC CCKW-353 (preferably by someone who owns a so-equipped vehicle) as I could not find reliable information so far.
According to TM 9-2800 of September 1943, page 244, the overall length is 309 5/8 in. for a CCKW-353 with winch but the dimensional scetches are often misleading. The catalog “The Standard Fleet of Military Vehicles” from Holabird of August 1942 gives the same overall length for a CCKW-353 without winch!
Based on a drawing of the mounted Set No. 7 and using a calculator, I assume the following dimensions (roughly):
overhang over the rear: about 41 in. or 105 cm.
overall length of the Set No. 7: about 138 in. or 350 cm.
overall height of the Set No. 7: 65 in. or 165 cm (floor of cargo body to top of transverse brace over the I-beam).
I would like to have the above mentioned dimensions confirmed or corrected, plus the overall length of the vehicle and the overall height to the transverse brace over the I-beam. The overall height over top bows will differ anyway as the top bows were most likely raised individually by the using unit to clear the I-beam.
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you very much in advance.