truck name!?

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
bobc
Captain
Captain

truck name!?

Post by bobc »

Today I was grinding off some layers of paint that were lifting on the 41 CCKW that I'm making my yard truck, from what I can see from my grinding there were two layers of OD,one white and one lime green, some wheres in all that they didn't prep the paint before one of the other coats so the paint is lifting in big fat flakes, since it's just going to be my yard truck I'm not doing the full out restoration, but I still want it to look decent, under the window on the passenger side there was a big flake, as I was cleaning it off I started to see white lettering under all the coats, so I carefully kept sanding till I could read it, " BUBBLES", I sanded off the drivers door and it is there as well, the only paint under the lettering is the original OD, because under that is red primer, I'm going to get a hold of the old guy that had this truck and see if they remember seeing this or if it was painted over when they got it, this is a really nice original truck that hasn't been trough too many hands so it's easy to trace it history, the hood numbers were still readable as well, they were only painted twice, the bottom set was blue, fun stuff! Image
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: truck name!?

Post by John V Cliche »

bobc wrote: hood numbers were still readable as well,the bottom set was blue,
Well there your answer concerning "Hood Numbers" :D

John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

That is cute.
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
bobc
Captain
Captain

Post by bobc »

The name sounds like a stripper stage name, I'd really like to find the history behind it.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

Bubbles, obviously left an impression on the "driver/crew "now didn't she :lol:

John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer