My DUKW

General Discussion about the WW2 DUKW. Technical aspects should be discussed the the CCKW Tech forum. Forsale/Wanted should be addressed in the CCKW Forsale or Wanted catagory
oscardeuce
Draftee

My DUKW

Post by oscardeuce »

Here she is!

I do need a gear shift knob if anyone has one.

Steve Greenberg
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: My DUKW

Post by Steve Greenberg »

Hello,
I may have an gear shift knob. I will tak a look at my shop tomorrow. Did you just get the DUKW?
Do you have your DUKW's serial number, date of delivery and original USA number? I have a list of DUKW owners, if you forward the information I will add your DUKW to the list and e mail you a copy of it. Here are a few photos of my DUKW.
Thanks,
Steve 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steve Greenberg on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
oscardeuce
Draftee

Post by oscardeuce »

My dad bought it in about 1991. Came out of Jerusalem Township Ohio as a SAR vehicle for the fire department. Got it swimming a few years later, but have not had the guts to swim her again. Dad died 1.5 years ago, and I am going through his collection to see what we will keep. I may sell the DUKW, or I may keep it. I am keping the M3A1 Scout Car, M038 Jeep.

The collection is just too big to keep it all.

Will get the numbers for you. I've never had time to research her history.
Steve Greenberg
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Steve Greenberg »

Hello,
I do have a spare gear shift knob in very good used condition. $20 plus $5.70 priority postage.
Let me know if you want it. I bought my DUKW in 1991 to!
Thanks,
Steve 8)
sgreenb810@aol.com
Walt
Draftee

Post by Walt »

Steve: The vehicle is standing tall.. Could use the rear skirts and some rope bumpers and a weather protector on the 5o :>) . I served in a DUKW Co, 1956 1962 was a driver as well as a welder/mechanic . Was with the 461 Baraccudas at Ft. Story.. Got photo's and 8 MM movies.. I got a unit DUKW life ring. The seat cusions also acted as life savers, A gaffling pole was also part of the OVM as well as a manuel hand pump mounted on the right side of the hood.. Great Job.. If I ever win the lotto well be looking for one to buy and run..:>) You know that there was a floating wheeled trailed that could be attached to a DUKW.. Walt K. (E-5 SGT)