Help Wanted DUKW Chassis number

General Discussion about the WW2 DUKW. Technical aspects should be discussed the the CCKW Tech forum. Forsale/Wanted should be addressed in the CCKW Forsale or Wanted catagory
DCLI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Help Wanted DUKW Chassis number

Post by DCLI »

Chassis number DUKW ( 35318185 ) If somebody can say to me what about this vehicle
Cheers Marco
minnhawk
Corporal
Corporal

I have some information....

Post by minnhawk »

Marco: I own DUKW # 35318000. It was built in May of 1945. It has a USA registration number of USA 7032291. That would mean that the DUKW you describe was probably built in May or June of 1945. Its USA registration number (hood number) would be USA 7032476. (if you add 185 to my registration number, that is what you get.) I was able to track down my USA # through a DUKW registration list prepared by Bill Keen, who died last October. I do not have the list, but it is circulating around the MVPA.

I never found any evidence of use by the US Army with my DUKW. I bought it in Canada and found much evidence of the Canadian Western Command assignment, mainenance, and repaint.
John Varner
1945 DUKW
1942 Command Car
11Bc2 Dogface "Rock of the Marne"
MVPA Member
MVT Member
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: I have some information....

Post by Bill_Wolf »

minnhawk wrote:Marco: I own DUKW # 35318000. It was built in May of 1945. It has a USA registration number of USA 7032291. That would mean that the DUKW you describe was probably built in May or June of 1945. Its USA registration number (hood number) would be USA 7032476. (if you add 185 to my registration number, that is what you get.) I was able to track down my USA # through a DUKW registration list prepared by Bill Keen, who died last October. I do not have the list, but it is circulating around the MVPA.

I never found any evidence of use by the US Army with my DUKW. I bought it in Canada and found much evidence of the Canadian Western Command assignment, mainenance, and repaint.
Hello John,

Is this list copyrighted material by the owner or his heirs. Is the list available? Is it confidential material?

I would be glad to host the list on these pages. Thus they will be scanned by web bots, cached, become a permant record of history, and available to all in the furture.

Any contacts you have to get this list would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
minnhawk
Corporal
Corporal

Keen's List

Post by minnhawk »

I received help from Steve Greenberg over on Gordon's "WW2 US Chevrolte and GMC DUKW and TRUCK FORUM" ( http://disc.server.com/Indices/183912.html ) who wrote:

"My latest copy of the list is 3 Jan. 1993! Is your copy any later? I have asked Bill several times over the years to update the list, but he was always too busy with Supply Line and life in general. He also told me that the list is on his old Comadore computer and he was not sure if it could be easily converted to a newer PC???." - Steve

I still don't have a copy of the list, but would love to print it in Supply Line or make it available. Steve can probably help you out Steve's e-mail is sgreennospam810@aol.com You will need to remove the nospam from his e-mail address. I don't think Bill ever copyrighted it and received help from many other DUKW owners to compile the list.
John Varner
1945 DUKW
1942 Command Car
11Bc2 Dogface "Rock of the Marne"
MVPA Member
MVT Member