Nice day for a drive in the BT

General Discussion about the WW2 Chevy Trucks 2 and 4 wheel drive. Technical aspects should be discussed the the CCKW Tech forum. Forsale/Wanted should be addressed in the CCKW Forsale or Wanted catagory
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Nice day for a drive in the BT

Post by dr deuce »

Tuesday it was beautiful here in NH. I took the day off to get some things ready (er) for winter. One thing I had to do was to take the 'Gadget' (10kt practice N device) back to its owner for the winter. It was already on the Bomb Trailer so all I had to do was just hitch the trailer to the Bomb Truck.

Off I went up the state road. I was cruzing along at 50-55 most of the time. The road is very flat and there are few traffic lights.

I thought to myself as the wind pushed my sparce folicles around, this is really a nice truck and I really should drive it more, probably to the less driving of the cckw cargo. It handles well, stops reasonably well, especially with the trailer with electric brakes and a lot of pintle weight to keep the rears from locking. You are high up in the air and it is more open than a cckw open cab.

Just a nice day for a ride in a nice truck....
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html