New Chevy

General Discussion about the WW2 Chevy Trucks 2 and 4 wheel drive. Technical aspects should be discussed the the CCKW Tech forum. Forsale/Wanted should be addressed in the CCKW Forsale or Wanted catagory
506Chevy
Draftee

New Chevy

Post by 506Chevy »

Gentlemen,
I am new to this form. we just bought a Chevy here in Colorado. And we are in need of a few Items
We need
2 leaver knobs for the transfer case
out side cover for the Battery box
From what I have been reading the part everyone else is looking for the spare tire carrier
Bumperetts
and a winch. My have a lead on that item.
I'm sure as we work on it we will find more things we need I have posted pictures, enjoy.
Thanks
Dan D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John D
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: New Chevy

Post by John D »

Dan-Is that really faded primer on that truck or did someone actually paint the racks and rims pink! Looks like a great truck to start on.

John
506Chevy
Draftee

Post by 506Chevy »

John,
It is faded primer. It dose have that pink color, most of that stuff is now off the truck. it is a little embarrassing since it can be seen from the road. when we get some warmer weather we will start pulling the wheels to work on the brakes.
Thanks
Dan D.
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

Post by retro-roco »

Dan,

Is your truck a tipper (dump truck)?? The box seems to be sitting higher than normal, as evidenced by the mudflaps, mudflap extensions, and the rearview of the frame. Somethings different.

BTW, I'm from Lincoln, NE and have a winch that you might be interested in if your other one doesn't work out. A friend and I will be headed out to Colorado Springs (I think) to pick up his composite CCKW bed when the weather gets better. Could possibly transport the winch for you if needed.

Let me know...
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer
506Chevy
Draftee

Post by 506Chevy »

It has a dump lift on it we do not think it is military. I hope to get some more pictures this Saturday. Let me know how much you would like to get for your winch. When you get closer on making your trip out this way let me know we'll set some time aside and get together with you.
Thanks
Dan D.
gmc1942artil
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by gmc1942artil »

Nice truck to start. anything up here in NEW England is rotted out. hahaha.
1941 SWB CCKW
1942 Chevy Cargo w/winch
1942 Chevy Stakebed dump truck
1942 LWB 2 1/2 ton GMC
1943 Catapilar Artil Dozer
1942 GMC road tractor