G-7117 Door markings

General Discussion about the WW2 Chevy Trucks 2 and 4 wheel drive. Technical aspects should be discussed the the CCKW Tech forum. Forsale/Wanted should be addressed in the CCKW Forsale or Wanted catagory
JeeperFIN
Corporal
Corporal

G-7117 Door markings

Post by JeeperFIN »

Hi

I just bought 1942 G-7117 project, any idea what these markings in door are?
http://forums.offipalsta.com/picture.ph ... reid=39387

This truck has been in Finland from year 1947 ( in bits and pieces last 30 years), Lots of parts is missing, i don´t know yet what i´m going to do with it.........
Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM
Draftee

Re: G-7117 Door markings

Post by Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM »

Hi
What sorts of parts you miss?
JeeperFIN
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JeeperFIN »

Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM wrote:Hi
What sorts of parts you miss?
Short list :D

Hood
Radiator
Bed
Bumperettes
Rear leafs + one mount
Pintle hook
Fuel tank
Wheels and tires
etc.

rear axle is still under one farmers tractor trailer...... I don´t know yet is he selling it...

few pics of my Chevy in here: http://forums.offipalsta.com/album.php?albumid=2142
Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM
Draftee

I have for you if you want only, rear axle with springs and shocks absorbers, the wheels and tyres are the same of Cckw.
Salutations
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by m38cdnbill »

Bonjour Jean-Jacques,

Hey, you are Alsacian. AHHHHH L'Alsace, What a beautiful country and I love the schiffala (sauerkraut), the fleischsnacka (veal and pork wrapped in a flakey dough) and for the desert the kougelhopf (cake shaped as a bell). Here in Canada my wife cooks the same dessert with maple syrup... a pure delight, but it's a little hard on the waist :roll: :lol:

In France the best places I go are Normandy, Haute-Savoie, the Vosges, Alsace and the French Ardennes. I have two good friends who live not far from you in Haute-Savoie, Louis Giusti (Dodge WC-12) and Jean-Claude Bouchet (CCKW 352) and they both living at Armoy.

Cheers from Canada

Guy
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM
Draftee

Bonjour Guy,

Eh bien, c'est une bonne nouvelle, quand venez-vous déguster à nouveau les spécialités alsaciennes ? je serai heureux de vous rencontrer lors de votre prochain voyage en Europe, je restaure comme vous un Chevy G7117 qui provient de USAAFE, j'ai vus les photos que vous avez posté sur ce forum, celle-ci me sont utiles pour la restauration de mon chassis qui a subit certainnes amputations. Que les autres membres de ce forum me pardonnent de m'exprimer en français, car je ne maitrise pas bien l' anglais. Il me semble que vous parlez bien ma langue, je vous ai vus sur le forum GMC Français.

Je vais en Normandie tous les ans pour le 6 juin, à Sainte Mère Eglise, et cette année pour le 65ème, mon Club et moi avons formé un convoi de 12 véhicules au départ de Guebwiller jusqu'à Sainte Mère soit 1120 miles aller/retour.

Bien à vous
J-Jacques
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by m38cdnbill »

Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM wrote:Bonjour Guy,

Eh bien, c'est une bonne nouvelle, quand venez-vous déguster à nouveau les spécialités alsaciennes ? je serai heureux de vous rencontrer lors de votre prochain voyage en Europe, je restaure comme vous un Chevy G7117 qui provient de USAAFE, j'ai vus les photos que vous avez posté sur ce forum, celle-ci me sont utiles pour la restauration de mon chassis qui a subit certainnes amputations. Que les autres membres de ce forum me pardonnent de m'exprimer en français, car je ne maitrise pas bien l' anglais. Il me semble que vous parlez bien ma langue, je vous ai vus sur le forum GMC Français.

Je vais en Normandie tous les ans pour le 6 juin, à Sainte Mère Eglise, et cette année pour le 65ème, mon Club et moi avons formé un convoi de 12 véhicules au départ de Guebwiller jusqu'à Sainte Mère soit 1120 miles aller/retour.

Bien à vous
J-Jacques
Salut Jean-Jacques,

Don't worry about your french, some on this forum speaks or able to read. In addition, this forum community is visited by very nice GMC & Chevy lovers from all over USA, Canada, Norway, Netherlands and other European countries. Me and some HMV owners from Canada were too in Normandy in last june. As Patrick Sarrazin said in the last "Véhicules Militaires Magazine", there were between 4,000 and 5,000 military vehicles on the 50 miles of beaches between Ouistreham and Ste-Mère Église. During the day June 6, Canadian Gunner on this forum was at Courseules-sur-Mer as me and we couldn't meet because we only know through this forum. John Bizal from Prior Lake, Minnesota (http://www.midwestmil.com) and his buddy Mike were too in Normandy and you can see the pictures of their trip in this website: http://www.midwestmil.com/Normandy09p1.html

Stay on the line for the next issue # 29 of this magazine, I have written an excellent 6 pages article on the Willys MB of one of my friends. He really rebuilt his jeep from a scrap one and now no experts can see defects.

In July 2010, I will participate in the international march of Nijmegen (100 miles walk in four days). If I can after, I may be back in Alsace. In next December, it's also possible to go to Bastogne to the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Bulge. It was not planned in my schedule but Belgian buddies offered me free lodging in a Bed & Breakfast nearby Bastogne if I go. Well, tough decision to take especially as they will visit an impressive WWII museum at Diekirch (Luxembourg) and have a beer at the brewery just across the street. :wink: :mrgreen:

Cheers from Canada

Guy
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
JeeperFIN
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JeeperFIN »

Jean-Jacques PRUDHAM wrote:I have for you if you want only, rear axle with springs and shocks absorbers, the wheels and tyres are the same of Cckw.
Salutations
I might be interested.... do you have other parts too?
arthur.m
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by arthur.m »

Such a nice project truck with many original details! I'm i Finland, too. I had the axles and back frame of a scrapped banjo-CCKW, I don't know if the axles would have fitted a Chevy, the front axle is gone now ( someone converted his Fordson Major tractor into 4x4 with it), but a friend has now the back end, at least You could talk to him about the bumberettes, the were all there. He's located near Turku. A Jimmy hood would fit Your truck? Still some scrap trucks around, should't be impossible to find one. We had complete wheels, too, with useabe Norway tires, don't look original, thou. Where are You located? I'll PM You my number, call me some time.

Arthur (Lempaala, near Tampere)
cckw L2 Dump Truck, cckw shop van, BSA foldable bicycle