Interior Door Handle

Questions and requests about Technical Repairs of the CCKW
tetonale

Interior Door Handle

Post by tetonale »

I noticed for the first time on my 353 that the interior door handles were chromed but had been painted over. Would it have been normal for the military to receive these trucks with chromed door handles?

Secondly, I can not locate Volume 2 of my Ord 9. Between two floods, two tornadoes, one hurricane, and one Halloween snowstorm, things are pretty well upended here still :( . Can someone tell me the part number for an interior door handle from Section 18 (Cab and Body) for the 353?

Michael
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Interior Door Handle

Post by dr deuce »

just a note about interior handles:

I install the drivers side with the handle to the back and the pass side to the front. I do this so someone on the pass side needs to physically lift the handle to get out. They cannot open it by accident.

On the drivers side, I know what I am doing :? so I can just push the handle down and bail out.
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
Graham
Draftee

Re: Interior Door Handle

Post by Graham »

Hi, just joined the forum so no idea if this thread is live ! My 352 (1941) has a painted over chrome inside door handle so perhaps early ones used civilian parts until they ran out ? Anyone got a spare as one of ours is missing and would like to replace like for like if I can.