TM9 OD Paint

Questions and requests about Technical Repairs of the CCKW
halifaxgroup
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TM9 OD Paint

Post by halifaxgroup »

I finally received a large delivery of the Lustreless Olive Drab Shade #8 air dry synthetic enamel paint! After a few months of inferior product that I returned to the manufacturer, they switched to a third production facility and I was able to spend some time with the R&D guy’s. I am very happy with the results. The color and shade are a great match to the original WWII vehicle paint samples I have.

As most of you know, synthetic enamel paint can go over most any clean surface and does not require you to take the surface down to bare metal. It will go on top of most any kind of primer or paint. Please check out the website: http://www.tm9ordnance.com

Also, I seem to be getting hit with the CCKW "I think I need one of these". I need to hold out for about a year, but it looks like I might give in. Every week when I see the new picture I just say I gotta get one! Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 Ben Hur
M-20 Armored Utility Car
And 3 CCKW's!
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

...take me home....take me home....I need a good home...please take me home.... :)
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
Chris_M
Captain
Captain

Post by Chris_M »

I was able to find some original paint under the much lighter olive drab the french army applied on my late war CCKW. As you all know Olive Drab was darker in shade on vehicles build towards the end of the war. Surprisingly the color I found at my 45' Jimmy matches perfectly the color RAL 6014. This Color was widely used on German Army vehicles until 1984. So plenty of this color is available and can be easily mixed at any Paint supplier.

Regards,

Chris
45 CCKW 353 2